We are on the lookout for a Marketing, Events & Communications Manager. We are looking for an exceptional individual with energy, drive and ambition to develop a marketing, events and communications strategy for the newly established Harley Street Business Improvement District.
Managing the work of our National & International Marketing key theme along with general marketing, events and comms for the BID as a whole. Working with local stakeholders to raise the profile of the BID and develop meaningful relationships with our levy payers. To manage and oversee the development of the theme as the BID establishes itself. To work to the objectives of this theme as set out in the BID proposal.
• Develop/deliver comms strategies across the entire spectrum of comms disciplines including: media and public relations, management, internal comms, digital communications and marketing, brand marketing, advertising, marketing, new media and production of materials agreed and signed off by the BID Director.
• Ensure that the budgets are adhered to and signed off in the relevant manner.
• Increase the organisation’s profile across media and relevant social media platforms
• Develop/execute media strategy across all media
• Writing releases, articles and statements 2
• Lead on copywriting and production of marketing materials and key publications including Annual Report
• Ensure staff and board members are well briefed on key communications issues
• Prepare and monitor annual communications and marketing budget
• Develop key messages, lead on creating and maintaining appropriate and consistent language and terminology across all media
• Report on and analyse all aspects of communications
• Create and deliver an events programme with all key themes
• Participate in cross-functional projects through our events programme
• Develop effective internal and external customer relationships
• Liaising and networking with a range of stakeholders, e.g. customers, colleagues, suppliers and partner organisations;
• Communicating with target audiences and managing customer relationships;
• Working with the BID Co-ordinator in creating and delivering the production of marketing materials on behalf of the team, including leaflets, posters, flyers, newsletters and e-newsletters and videos;
• Overseeing the corporate website and social media such as Twitter and LinkedIn
• Liaising with designers and printers
• Overseeing the organization of photo shoots and any video production;
• Arranging for the effective distribution of marketing materials;
• Maintaining and updating BID levy payers databases;
• Organising and attending events such as conferences, seminars, receptions
• Developing and contributing to marketing plans and strategies;
• Evaluating marketing campaigns; tracking tangible benefits and working to key performance indicators and targets
• To undertake such other duties commensurate with your position, and / or hours of work, as may reasonably be required, there may be the occasional breakfast / evening event
• A Degree or similar in a related area of study, and experience to meet the requirements of the post
• At least 3 years’ experience undertaking a similar role elsewhere
• Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of communications and marketing strategies, brand management and their implementation
• A sound understanding of working with local and central Government
• Demonstrable experience of working with media and how to guide and manage the relevant PR agencies working with Harley Street BID
• Microsoft office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and website management skills (CMS)
• Knowledge of a wide range of marketing techniques and concepts that will position Harley Street BID effectively as a newly established BID 3
• Think creatively and be an excellent communicator both operationally and at a senior strategic level
• Be able to respond well to pressure and respond to tight deadlines
• Be organised and methodical and the ability to work within a small team
• Be willing to undertake all tasks in accordance with the theme
• Be proactive and able to take the initiative
• Ability to manage a budget
• Ability to adapt flexibly to new priorities and additional tasks
• The ability to work as part of a team, and on your own initiative, is essential, along with the skills to be flexible, multitask and work to demanding deadlines in a busy working environment.
• Plan and prioritize work to manage conflicting tasks, meet delivery deadlines/ targets, review progress, with minimum supervision
• Demonstrable experience in report writing and working to deadlines and targets
• Excellent proofreading skills and writing of publications and media releases
• Experience of multi-agency partnership working
• Communicating with target audiences and managing business relationships;
• Develop an annual marketing and events plan and ensure its effective implementation The selection process for shortlisted candidates will include a panel interview and may include a presentation.
Please send a covering letter, a statement setting out examples of your skills and experience against the role of the job and skills required (no more than 2 sides of A4) and CV to: